Friday 4 February 2011

Tackling the issues important to Truro and Falmouth

Today was a busy day of constituency meetings.

It commenced with a visit to my old secondary school, Falmouth school, where I was delighted to meet with the head teacher, joined by head teachers from nearby primary schools. It was also a pleasure to listen to the thoughts of youngsters at the school, busy studying for their GCSEs.

A constituency advice surgery at Truro Library followed. As ever I very much valued the opportunity to listen to the concerns of my constituents, and to offer assistance resolving a range of issues.

In the afternoon I met with officers from the Environment Agency in the beautiful village of Portloe. I discussed with the officers what more can be done to improve the flood defences of Portloe, badly affected by flooding in November.

The future of the flood defences for Truro was also discussed in depth. I look forward to continuing to support the Environment Agency in their application for Government funding to secure the development of the City’s flood defences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.