Monday 10 September 2012

Sarah Newton appointed Deputy Chairman of the Conservative Party


Truro and Falmouth MP Sarah Newton been appointed as Deputy Chairman of the Conservative Party.

Commenting on her appointment Mrs Newton said:

‘‘It is an honour to be asked to serve as Deputy Chairman of the Conservative Party.

‘‘My constituents will continue to be my first priority and I am delighted that my new responsibilities allow me to make sure that their voices are heard louder and clearer than ever before. The role enables me to build on what remains the key focus of my work as Truro and Falmouth’s MP; helping hard working families to overcome the pressures they face to improve the quality of their lives, and the communities in which they live.

‘‘The Conservative Party is at its best when it stands shoulder to shoulder with ordinary people trying to realise their potential, from helping first time buyers onto the property ladder, to giving people of all ages the chance to learn new skills and gaining employment, to giving parents greater choice over their children’s schooling.

‘‘I know these are the ambitions that my constituents work hard to realise; my new role will allow me to help make sure that the Conservative Party listens to these aspirations, and acts on them. I look forward to working with my colleagues in Westminster, Party volunteers across the country and above all continuing to work for the people of Truro and Falmouth, as together we establish what more we can do to help men and women change their lives for the better, and shape their communities for the future. ‘’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.